Here are my top 10 skin care tips
Lisa Carlin – Beauty Salon owner and Skin care Specialist
Dermalogica trained and certified therapist, salon and retailer
- Always start by washing your hands and use clean flannels and towels every time.
- Start by having 3 great product Cleanser / Exfoliator / Moisturiser. There is not much point using serums, eye and lip creams if you don’t get the basics right
- Always remove cleanser with a hot flannel or sponges, do not use wipes or remove cleanser with wet cotton pads, remember your ears! Don’t forget to clean them too.
- Rinse a clean flannel in water, fold in half and roll up into a sausage shape, wring water out, place in microwave for 20- 30 seconds and then you have a lovely steamed flannel to open pores use this to remove your cleanser.
- If having a shower or a bath always wash your face after you have shampooed and conditioned your hair this removes any residue product that may be left on the skin.
- Use a lip balm all year regardless of the weather conditions.
- Check shelf life and expiry dates on products, if its out of date chuck it, if it doesn’t work for you or you don’t like it give it away.
- If you have night creams or moisturisers that are to rich for you or give you spots just use them on your neck area.
- Remember to moisturise your neck, ears and back of your neck, these areas are more prone to sun damage and ageing and areas people forget to protect
- 10. When applying moisturiser apply to the tips of your fingers only, dap on your face and just use fingers to blend, hands can be dry and will absorb a huge amount of product if you use your palms to rub in.